Sunday, September 14, 2014

A special 12th birthday present

Buckingham Palace
A 12th birthday is a special milestone, and so it was with much excitement that Jessie and Ross headed to London for a flying visit last weekend to watch the musical Wicked. Ross had been in Armenia for the prior week, and was due to fly back to Cyprus via Kiev in the Ukraine on the Friday. Then later the same evening was the scheduled departure with Jessie for London.  Jessie had some nervous moments on the days leading up to the trip that Ross may get stuck in Kiev, given ongoing developments with the conflict in the Ukraine.  Suffice to say, Ross made it home fine on the Friday, and after a short turnaround he and Jessie were off for a late evening flight to London. 

They had a fantastic weekend together.  Here's Jessie to describe some of her highlights:

I really, really, REALLY enjoyed Wicked the Musical. There are no words to describe how phenomenal it was. It was BRILLIANT, MAGNIFICENT and BREATHTAKING!!! We had REALLY good seats so we could see everything perfectly. Even daddy enjoyed it bucket loads. After the show, we decided to hang around the stage door just to see if any cast members came out. And what do you know, the two LEAD ROLES came out!!! They both signed my programme and I got a picture taken with each of them. It was so special, I really didn't expect it. I also really enjoyed staying with our friends, the Priors. I loved seeing loads and loads of amazing street performers. We saw things from floating men to talking cats. I KIND of conquered my fear of riding the tube but not entirely. On our last night, we went to Covent garden which was lovely. I LOVED the Grey weather, but sadly we didn't get any  rain. Anyway, to cut a long story short It was the Best Birthday Present Ever! Trip of a Lifetime! Thank you mum and dad! Here's some pictures:



Here's the talking cat...





This was for Angus. (He seems to have just a
SLIGHT obsession with pugs at the moment. 
I WAS ACTUALLY THERE! (not in my dreams)
Actually there! 
Behind me is the stage door. (this was before the show) 


This is for Sam. 
Me and Kerry Ellis after the show at the stage door!
(she played Elphaba - lead role) 
Me and Savannah Stevenson after the show at
the stage door! (she played Glynda - lead role) 
Wicked selfie! 
We talked to Pop on Fathers day! 



Creepy floating man in Saw mask. 
Photography by me :) 
Just picked up some oboe reeds from
the best oboe shop ever...



Regents Park. 
Squirrels! My favourite animals. Loads in London!
None in Cyrus... :( 
Me and Archie. 




St Pauls Cathedral. Dad and I were able to
go to a service there. 
Archie and Fergus Prior. 
Books at southbank! 



Maybe for next time!
London Eye. (though we didn't go on it) 


The Wicked stage

I had to......


2 comments:

  1. Wow Jessie! What a wonderful birthday present. I am glad that you had such a great time. Great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's about the best bday pressie I could ever think of. Special time with Dad, him actually sitting through a musical with you, another country, wow! I think I got a new box of Lego for my 12th. Love and blessings to you, Weedx

    ReplyDelete