Monday, October 27, 2014

Family Update - a moment in time

The moments we cherish: Gus helps Anna build a skate ramp
On the days when life in the family is grand, I like to capture it and write a blog.  After all, we only want to remember the happy times don't we?  It's not often we publicise our difficult or disastrous or perhaps just plain boring moments.  They pass without a mention.  Perhaps that's a good subject for another blog.

Mmmm... when I wrote that first sentence above, it seemed to be all 'a-happening' in the family. Each of us was up to something and most of us were in a pretty good place.  So much so, that I was just enjoying the moment, and didn't stop to write it down. That means I am now left with the family calendar, a few photos and my pretty shocking memory to help me recall what I was going to write a blog on! 

Once the kids went back to school and we got the logistical jigsaw puzzle worked out for the afternoon activities I began enjoying a little bit of catch up time for some things that I hadn't had the chance to do over the summer.  Don't ask me what they were; a mother's tasks are usually a series of 5-10min 'jobs'; not particularly challenging or satisfying but needing to be done all the same.  The extra time and how I choose to spend it is a complete luxury at this time and season of my life. Think bike rides, dog walks, book club, boot camp, social engagements and the odd spiritual retreat. Oh, plus I forgot the handful of clients that I see each week and a recent Resilience Doughnut seminar: both of which are keeping the psychological side of my brain in tact.

Sunday School picnic at Mahairas picnic site

Dominique & Cheryl
Jessie & Hannah

























Francesca, Abby and Orry















Now that my re-call is coming back; that was one busy but enjoyable time.  The Sunday School picnic, our friends from Australia visiting, plus me heading off to Manchester that evening for a week away.  In the UK, I did some resilience training in preparation for work next year and then travelled with some colleagues to the north of Holland to attend the European Brief Therapy conference and then at the end I caught up with my lovely friend Fina in Amersfoort.  Delightful!


Fina & I on those amazing cycling paths in Holland
A great week away but so happy to be back with my 
fam!







































A few other recent events include....
Presenting an Open Lecture at the kids' school
Gus rides his bike to school for the first time.Eager to leave by 
6.45am to beat the bus.

Anna hides behind Sam as she refuses to go on a 
family ride....in honour of her now being able to 
ride a bike!





















Sunday School class outdoors with June teaching
















A few friends from Ross' work came over one Saturday night in October


Making the most of the clear autumn days...
A beautiful day for a walk in a village with my friend 
Charlotte



I do believe we are going to miss Cyprus!

No comments:

Post a Comment