Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Wish I'd Learnt Greek



This evening I joined one of the Nicosia bike clubs on a sunset ride around Athalassa Park.  A beautiful evening to be out with about 40 other cyclists.  It's a great way for me to feel safe riding on lots of bush tracks where I mostly don't have a clue where I'm going.  I'm finding that on my solo rides I can't get very adventurous because of my horrid sense of direction.  Gradually I'll get more daring no doubt with time but I really need a cycling buddy.

Anyway, I had this thought as I was listening to all the cyclists chat on about who knows what.  I thought 'Oh how I wish I'd learnt Greek;  it would really help me get to know some other cyclists'.  It was a fleeting thought.  Only seconds passed and a kind cyclist came up beside me to practice his English.  I could be useful in that club after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment