Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nature Abounds

Well, to be honest, my first impressions of this city have been that it's not particularly attractive.  There's a lot of concrete, a good jumble of apartment blocks, heaps of traffic in the peak hours and the streets, footpaths and parks not so well maintained.  HOWEVER, the small bit of nature that I have seen over this weekend has helped my spirits rise.  An early morning walk along a trail beside the river and, later this afternoon, some forest areas with walking trails on the edge of town both helped me see that Cyprus is very proud of the 'natural' part of their island.  There's something for me about accessing beautiful places and accessing the spirit within.  In possibly homesick times ahead, I thank God for His awesome creation and know that I will go there for stillness and solace.  I'll post a photo for you one day soon!  No doubt as we venture toward the coast we'll all be blown away by the beauty, I'll send you shots to make you head straight for the travel agent and you'll wonder what on earth I was whinging about!  Still trying to find our way through the city streets so perhaps a couple of weeks away yet. Signing out to put kids to bed.  Avrio.

No comments:

Post a Comment